High School Mission Trips
BELIZE - JUNE 19-28, 2017 | $2000.00
REGISTRATION IS OPEN! DEADLINE FOR STUDENTS IS FEBRUARY 1!
What will we be doing?
- After a two-day, in-country, team training, we will be flying to Belize and traveling by bus to our location. We will be serving a local church in Belize, and ministering to their community through church services, kids ministry and a hands-on serving project such as painting, cleaning or building repairs. During our time there, we will also have 1 or 2 recreational opportunities to see the country and local attractions.
What is Thirst Missions?
- Thirst Missions is the organization that we are working with for our trip. Thirst has been organizing trips to Belize for years and is a great ministry to work with! If you’d like more info on them, visit thirstmissions.org.
Where will we be staying?
- We stay in the community that we are serving, likely sleeping on a school or church floor. We will have showers and bathrooms to use and will be eating meals with the local pastor and family.
Who can go?
- This trip is open to High School students. That includes those that will be graduating the 2017 school year and those who will be entering 9th grade in the fall of 2017.
What immunizations and medications are required ?
- Thirst Missions does not require any specific medications or vaccinations to attend their trips. Instead they ask that each participant visit their own doctor or travel nurse and decide in consultation with their medical professional what is needed for each individual’s situation. Please see your health professional for advice on your specific situation. These are the recommended list of suggested medications and immunizations:
- Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Tetanus-diphtheria, Measles/Mups/Rubella (MMR)
- *The cost of vaccinations is not included in your trip cost.
How do I raise money?
- There are many ways that you can raise the funds to go on this trip! The main way we suggest is writing a sponsorship letter to friends and family letting them know about your opportunity and asking them to give financially to send you. There are other creative ways to earn money, such as raking leaves, mowing lawns, cleaning houses, organizing a car wash or collecting pop bottles. As a team, we do not organize any group fundraisers, but we encourage teammates to work together on projects to raise funds.
*You do need a passport to go on this trip. That cost is not included in the price of the trip.
Upon your acceptance, you will receive a team manual with more information to prepare you for the trip and answer additional questions.
IMMERSION - JULY 24-29, 2017 | $450.00 | GRAND RAPIDS, MI
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Immersion is a summer discipleship trip that you don't want to miss! We are once again teaming up with the Bridge Street House of Prayer (BSHOP) on the West Side of Grand Rapids, Michigan. This trip covers more than what a typical mission trip would, by being intentional about stretching students in their faith and helping them to go deeper in their relationship with the Lord. Through teaching moments, worship and service each student will find themselves immersed into a lifestyle of living for God and loving the people around them, whether in the neighborhoods or their own youth group.
We start out the trip with 3 days of backcountry camping to have fun together, grow close as a team and hear from God. We will then head back to the West Side of GR and be living in one of the BSHOP houses where we will spend the rest of the trip. Come experience a daily rhythm of prayer, teaching, worship, prayer walking, neighborhood service projects, street evangelism and other ministry opportunities!
For more information on the Bridge Street House of Prayer, please visit bshop.org.